The City as Studio
Experience art in the parks, dance in the neighborhoods, installations in the alley, and concerts on the front porch during the 20th annual Chicago Artists Month (CAM)! CAM celebrates the City as Studio from October 1 – November 15, 2015.
Free trolleys run on Friday October 2 from 6-11pm to take you to
- Permanent Record: Hip Hop Kulture at the Hairpin Arts Center, 2810 N. Milwaukee
- Migrations in Black and White at Caleo 22, 2320 N. Damen; and
- El Trains and Alley Entrances: Navigating Chicago Through House Music / Global Dance Party at the Old Town School of Folk Music, 4545 N. Lincoln.
CAM2015 is in dialogue with the inaugural Chicago Architecture Biennial. CAM presents artists, architects, designers, performers, makers and other creatives who look at the City as a place for experimentation, innovation and production. Meet the CAM 2015 Featured Events and Artists. Celebrate the "Permanent Record of 40 years of HipHop Kulture", visit the recording studio where "Nalege is Power!", vote for your favorite Chicago ethnographic short film, share your Instagram images of "My City, Our City". Experience dance and performance through the "Technology of the Circle", and understand renewal and regeneration of refugee communities through the workshops of "Craft(ing) Culture(s)".
Get the details here, then go out and experience Chicago: the City as Studio.
- Life at the Loft Music Series will take place on Saturday, October 3
- That’s All She Wrote – October Show takes place on October 11
- will take place on Tue, October 6 at
- will take place October 10, Nov 8 and 14
- takes place on October 11.
- Hyde Park Art Center Open Studios takes place on Oct 24, 1-4pm
Chicago Artists Month Featured Artists Photos by Joe Mazza | Brave Lux Chicago