Thanks for your Submissions!
Thanks to all who submitted events to Chicago Artists Month 2015. We will be in touch within a few weeks about your status. For editing instructions, see below.
The 20th annual Chicago Artists Month (CAM) will take place October 1 – November 15, 2015. A program of the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, CAM is a platform for independently-produced events that showcase the work of Chicago artists and creatives.
CAM 2015 Theme: The City as Studio
CAM 2015 will be in dialogue with the inaugural Chicago Architecture Biennial (CAB). As the world comes to Chicago to discuss the state of architecture, CAM invites Chicago-based artists, architects, designers, performers, writers, arts and community organizations and other creatives to look at the City as a place for investigation, experimentation, innovation, and production.
CAM Event Types
Submissions will be accepted for the following event categories:
- Art Walk / Tour / Festival - Coordinated event(s) featuring work by Chicago artists in multiple spaces in a single neighborhood or a guided tour of work by one or more Chicago-based artists in a single or multiple locations.
- Exhibition / Installation - An organized presentation and display of a selection of works in a public location featuring one or more Chicago-based artists.
- Learning / Making - A class, conversation, lab, lecture, panel discussion, demonstration, art-making activity or other educational event that focuses on or is presented by a Chicago-based artist(s), or on a topic related to the Chicago arts community.
- Open Studio - A public opening of a communal studio or a building housing multiple studios located in Chicago.
- Performance / Screening - A music, theater, dance, spoken word, film or other time-based, site-specific event featuring one or more Chicago-based artists
CAM 2015 Prioritizes: Experimental, innovative projects demonstrating a strong and original artistic/creative vision; new work; projects that increase public access to and participation in high-quality arts activities/events especially with underrepresented populations, and collaboration (between neighborhoods, genres, demographically, or other).
Selected programs will be promoted in a robust marketing campaign, including online, social media, and a print guide produced and distributed by New City Up to 18 submitted programs will be selected as Featured Programs. These will receive additional technical and financial assistance and be invited to nominate participating Chicago-based artists for selection as the 2015 Featured Artists. Accepted Submissions will be notified by early August.
- To edit your submission, go to www.chicagoartistsmonth.org/partner
- Log in to your account and go to "My Dashboard"
- Find your event in Your Pending Events in the center column of Your Dashboard.
- Click and edit your information any time. If you change the Title, Date, Location or Hours of your event, let us know at email@example.com.
Can I submit multiple events? Yes.
I want to submit a video, but it's not on Vimeo or Youtube, how do I submit it? You need to upload it to Vimeo or YouTube to upload the link to the CAM site.
What artists are eligible? Artists who live or work in Chicago.
Do I need to belong to an organization to participate? No. Individuals and informal groups, collectives and collaborators can apply.
Can two artists apply separately for a single event with multiple artists? No. There should be only one application for each event. There is a field in the application that asks you to list all the participating Chicago artists and their websites.
I already submitted an event, how can I edit it? To edit an existing event, 1. Go to www.chicagoartistsmonth.org/partner 2. Log back into your account. 3 In the center column is Your Pending Events. Click on the event you want to edit. 4. It will take you to your event, then click on the word “Edit” at the top and begin editing. 5. Don't forget to save your edits!
Other Questions? Contact us