2015 Theme and Dates Announced
Chicago Artists Month (CAM) is a program of the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) that showcases the work of Chicago’s independent artists and arts organizations during the month of October. The 20th annual Chicago Artists Month will take place October 1 – November 15, 2015.
Call for Proposals will open July 13 - 24, 2015.
CAM 2015 Theme: The City as Studio: The State of the Art - Chicago.
How to Participate: An open call for online submissions of independently-produced events and programs that showcase artists in all disciplines will be issued July 13 - 24, 2015. Selections will be announced in early August.
Up to 300 selected programs will be listed online and in a print guide distributed city-wide. Up to 20 programs and artists will be Featured. CAM Featured Programs receive an honorarium of $1,500 and enhanced marketing and technical support.
Learn more at the CAM Meet and Greet, Wednesday June 17, 4-6pm at the Chicago Cultural Center. Meet members of the Advisory Group and potential CAM collaborators.
CAM 2015 Prioritizes: Experimental, innovative projects demonstrating a strong and original artistic/creative vision; new work; projects that increase public access to and participation in high-quality arts activities/events especially with underrepresented populations, and collaboration (between neighborhoods, genres, demographically, or other). ;
CAM Event Types:
Submissions will be accepted for the following event categories:
- Art Walk / Tour / Festival - A coordinated event(s) featuring work by Chicago artists in multiple spaces in a single neighborhood or a guided tour of work by one or more Chicago-based artists in a single or multiple locations.
- Exhibition / Installation - An organized presentation and display of a selection of works in a public location featuring one or more Chicago-based artists. Learning / Making - A class, conversation, lab, lecture, panel discussion, demonstration, art-making activity or other educational event that focuses on or is presented by a Chicago-based artist(s), or on a topic related to the Chicago arts community.
- Learning / Making - A class, conversation, lab, lecture, panel discussion, demonstration, art-making activity or other educational event that focuses on or is presented by a Chicago-based artist(s), or on a topic related to the Chicago arts community.
- Open Studio - A public opening of a communal studio or a building housing multiple studios located in Chicago.
- Performance / Screening - A music, theater, dance, spoken word, film or other time-based, site-specific event featuring one or more Chicago-based artists